Re: TB plus OT chat

From: "heather & bernard pryor" <irishaven@pip.com.au>

Dianne Dalla Santa said:

>> We have had the most amazing amount of rainfall, 310 points, over
Christmas here causing minor flooding to vineyards and homes. Our average
rainfall in the best of years is only about 10 inches, some years as little
as 4-5 inches. We spent two days surrounded in ankle deep water as it
travelled through the garden and past the house on it's way to lower ground.
<<

Wow!  Nothin like getting almost all of your annual rainfall in one weekend!

Sydney faired pretty much the same.  However, we are on a hill ("Turramurra"
means top of the mountain!) so haven't had too many problems.

>> Calling Colleen, Jan, Heather and other Aussies. How did you fare with
the weather?<<

We are venturing out to the iris patch today to see how things have fared
there.  We have a rain guage out there so shall be able to report a more
accurate summary after that.  Thank goodness we grow La. iris which just
revel in this kind of weather!

Cheers for now,
Heather
irishaven@pip.com.au