OT-CHAT: Rain + rot

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

>Calling Colleen, Jan, Heather and other Aussies. How did you fare with the
>Dianne in Red Cliffs, Victoria, Oz

Heaps of rain here Dianne. I'm not sure how much, but would guess over 2".
I'll check with the neighbors at some stage.
We are on a steep hill, so the run off is good, sometimes too good, as the
subsoil (that's 6" under the top soil) remained dry in some areas.
Bad flooding over at Maryborough. Many houses at Carisbrook damaged by
water. Many local wheat crops badly damaged. Nothing like the devestation
they have had in France.
I must say I thoroughly enjoyed hearing all that rain falling.
I have pulled out 6 little rz's of POINT IN TIME which were growing from the
old rz, and starting to rot. Gave them a scrape and potted them up. I must
go round the garden and check for any other damage.
Most of my beds are high and dry.
Colleen didn't mention rain in her posting, just the cooler weather.

I've spent some time this morning sorting through my 200 pots, to discover
that nearly half of them are showing roots emerging at the base, after only
a month. I will be planting most of them this week.
Those from Colleen are doing particularly well.
Cheers, Jan clark