Re: OT: Happy 2000!

From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>

Dennis Kramb wrote:
> This is so cool.  I'm watching the sunrise live in New Zealand.  PBS is
> showing New Year's festivities live in all time zones today...how cool!

I agree. It shows that Earth can be viewed as a single planet, and not
just as a bunch of nations. I hope that the celebrations will help us
all cherish both what we share with others, and what makes us unique.

As I look out on Returning Rose, Frappée, Mesmerizer, and Iris
unguicularis in bloom, I hope that the last year of the current
millennium (or is it the first year of the next—I get so confused   ;-)
brings beautiful bloom, and love, and happiness to all.

And a special note to Dennis: I promise to increase the number of non-TB
iris I grow. Especially arils and arilbreds. Although I responded
negatively/harshly/whatever to your posting a while ago, I do realize
that the basic point was and is valid. Too many of us judges do not live
up to our responsibility to grow as wide a variety of iris as possible.
Thank you for reminding me.

Gerry, glad that only 2 regions remain to be heard from in the Symposium
balloting, and wanting folks to know that there will be few if any
Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair
Region 15 Ass't RVP, JT Chair
in warm, winterless Los Angeles