TB: Backwards season.

From: BigAlligator@aol.com

In a message dated 12/31/99 6:07:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
irises@senet.com.au writes:

<< Your're darn right it's a bit cold. It actually struggled up to about 16
 degrees by yesterday afternoon, but it's no warmer today, and theres a very
 chill southerly blowing. Everything in the garden is getting confused. >>

     I noticed that TB Irises really got confused when we had backwards
seasons in Kentucky.  I am talking of seasons in which the late spring was
colder than early or mid spring.  The result was short stems [if at all] and
weak increase.
     What is the normal temperature for your area at this time of year?

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida      [Low 6 C, High 27 C]

Sign up for eLerts at: