Re: OT-CHAT: our modern life

lmann@volfirst.net writes:

<< Not quite the same thing, but it reminded me of the story of Einstein
working at a manual labor job so he could think. >>

The Rev. C. S. Harrison, who died in 1919, a fellow Irisarian I've mentioned
several times here lately, also loved physical activity and manual labor, in
fact he sort of went nuts if he was closed in and not able to get enough of it.
One of his sons talked about watching the old man working alongside a wagon,
tossing hay up into it with a neat trick he had devised, and two men on the
other side of the wagon struggling to keep up with him.

H.S. Harrison said, "Father seemed to do his best mental work when most
physically active and Will and I, who were loading, knew that the was thinking the
hardest when the hay was flying the fastest."

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA