Re: AIS: CULT: iris conventions

Linda's remarks about some conventions in the SE reminds me of some comments
about a Nashville convention many long years ago.  Typical of the "Vale" the
area got hit with hail and I think even an ice storm prior to the convention.
There was a lot of good fun, talking, eating, but not nearly as much glorious
iris viewing as had been hoped.

The reports in the *Bulletin* were full of good things anyway.  Conventions
are as much about people as they are about irises, I suspect.

Neil Mogensen  z 7 western NC mountains  where "good" iris years seem to be
rather rare.