Accent (was Hyb: Cytoplasmic inheritance was disease)

Anner wrote about 'Accent' and commented: "No idea if it is fertile".

I can add that 'Accent' is one of the oldies that was handed down to me,
and it sets fruit quite nicely.  I've never pollinated it on purpose, but
it is always loaded with big fat pods full of big fat seeds.  Have a few
envelops full of seed from the last two years, and need to sow some just to
see what comes up.  I would assume that it would be easily used as a pod
parent.  Don't know about the pollen, but it looks good.

For me it also grows robustly and flowers with strong wind-proof stalks and
vivid flowers.  Flowers hold up fairly well to wind and are immune to hot
sun.  I've never counted buds per stalk, but it is a sea of color when the
clumps are in flower, especially beautiful when backlighted by the low sun
of the evening.  It is definitely old fashioned in form, but it is a very
good oldie. Might add that the buds are especially attractive too.

Dave