RE: Re: HYB Goals

This is interesting.  I know that the daylily breders long ago started selecting for longer duration of each flower.  When a flower only lasts a day, it doesn't take much to increase its duration.
I am impressed  that past and presnt iris breeders have done so well, without a lot of fanfare.

Jeffrey Walters <jeffwiris@yahoo.com> wrote:
..........Growing considerable numbers of Historic TBs (mostly 1930's to '50's intros) and modern TB's (mostly from the 1980's to the present) virtually side by side, one of the consistent distinctions I have noticed between them is the greater durability of the individual blooms on the modern TB's. .............