Re: TB: beards

In a message dated 2/1/2005 4:05:01 PM Central Standard Time,
patsiris@msn.com writes:

> I have just looked through Tom Burseen's catalog and two irises he
> introduced  in '04 mention large beards.   One is "Don't Miss This" and the
> other is "Kaint Hardly Believe It".   I have them both, so if they bloom
> this spring, I'll watch for big beards.             Pat in Dallas

That Greenfield feller that is always growin' borers big enough for fish bait
and so tough you can catch three bream on just one, has a nice, nice looking
seedling with fuzzy, fuzzy full read beards on his web site. The cross was
Mulled Wine x Champagne Elegance.

He got a completely different result from what I would have expected. I'm
sure I'll be attempting the same cross after seein' that picture.

Bill Burleson