Re: HIST: Polling for Survivors

On Feb 3, 2005, at 1:32 PM, ChatOWhitehall@aol.com wrote:

Well, yes, it is of use and of interest, because in so saying you are also
telling me that you don't see ANY of the other ones I mentioned, which is also
an interesting sort of fact, you see....
After I posted my first response, I remembered that I have run into another bearded cv here, but only in one garden, so I wouldn't call it common to this area. It looks very much like RHEIN NIXE, though the haft markings are slightly different. MRS. ANDRIST, perhaps? You can view it at this URL:

That is a nice little variegata you found with real perky haft marks. Crisp.
I like a nice crisp little variegata. I found one like it only the standards
are tobacco and the falls damson.
My variegata is actually rather large-flowered and tall, but it has consistently weak, floppy stalks that manage to bow and slide to the ground even when staked. I believe it may be an iris X creeping charlie hybrid. ;-)