Re: OT: every what?

In a message dated 2/3/2005 7:56:22 PM Central Standard Time,
laurief@paulbunyan.net writes:

> Wondering how Bill figured this song was being addressed to
> "everyone" instead of referring to "every one" (or is that how the
> lyrics were printed on the album cover, way back when).  ;-)

I paint with a broad brush here but Peter, Paul, and Mary did "everyone".
They were the preachers/social concience of the time. "Everyone" gave a
preachin'.

Later FCC had maybe lightened some, Johnny Rivers did electic guitar so it
became "every one" to leave room for some Southern twang.

As a point in passin', if Springstien had done the song there probably
wouldn't been anybody in it but you woulda' still heard the guitar.

That's my story and I'm stickin' too it. Truth is I'd have to look for either
one of those albums and then I'd probably argue with the printer if he
disagreed. There's jist stuff that hasta be lived to be understood, huh?
Laughin',
Bill Burleson
As a point in passin' on by, Floyd Cramer did poetry without any
words..."Last Date".