Re: HYB: variegata as a pattern

I like the combination of umbrata with corona also.

Like you say, Neil, they describe two different parts color patterns.
Umbrata and corona both imply contrast of darker center with lighter

Fred, is that how you always use corona?  Or is it sometimes the other
way around - darker rim and lighter center?  Or is there such a thing?

I am not particularly attracted to zonals or white ground banded with
color, so haven't paid any attention to what's out there.

Lots of brownish bands around blue falls, another combo I've ignored.
Often the band and the rest of the fall are about the same color
saturation, just different colors.  I don't think of those as umbratas.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8