Re: HIST: Polling for Survivors

DFerguson@cabq.gov writes:

<<  There are several clones going around as 'Sambucina', but the one on your
 link looks like it could be the "real" one.  I didn't do any direct
comparisons of your photo though.>>

It cannot be 'Sambucina"unless it has the characteristic fragrance for which
the plant was named, the fragrance of the elder, Sambucus.
<< Another one that looks somewhat similar (but I think yours is not it) is
'Sindjkha'.  I found this one in old yards in the se. corner of Virginia and
ne. North Carolina, >.

I don't think that can be 'Sindjkha,' unless it is a really strange photo of
it, or an atypical bloom. The veining is not correct at the center of the

'Sambucina' and 'Sindjkha' are unlikely to be mistaken for each other because
of the proportions of the plants. The latter is much larger, so far as I know

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA