Re: RE:HIST Polling for Survivors

Now that 'President Pilkington' has been mentioned a few times, does anyone
have a good photo of this one they could put in a file at Yahoo, email me,
or post at Iris Photos?   I've yet to find a good untouched photo that was
identified with any degree of certainty, and the few photos I've found
don't all look the same.  I have an old small brownish - grayish - lavender
- purple blended thing (standards duller than falls) with strong PBF that
matches exactly what I've ordered as both 'Pres. Pilkington' and
'Evolution'.  (Same problem with photos of 'Evolution').  It makes big fat
bee pods that have good seeds every year, and is extremely drought
tolerant.  It looks like maybe a diploid, but the fruit are bigger than any
other diploids I grow.  It is one of the survivor hand-me-downs here, that
was not on my list because I don't know the name for sure.

Thanks,  Dave