HIST: Polling for Survivors

Anita,

I'm going to look at your photo at home and do some comparing.  Maybe I'll
get a match, but I have a hunch it is one of the three or four clones that
is common in the ne. US that often gets called 'Sambucina', and not another
name cultivar that am familiar with (but there are a LOT of them that I
have never seen).  Personally I don't know how to tell which (if any) is
the original and "real" 'Sambucina'.   Perhaps somebody at the Iris Species
group would know, even though

Your photo is not the same as the one shown at the HIPS web site, which is
marked somewhat differently, apparently of a redder hue, but is somewhat
similar.

Dave