Re: HYB:REB:Repeat

In a message dated 2/6/2005 10:48:08 A.M. Central Standard Time,
jeffwiris@yahoo.com writes:

I have  observed a pattern of bloom such as you describe ontwo TB cultivars
in recent  years, ROMANTIC EVENING (Ghio, '96) and CHILO(Nebeker, '98). In both
cases  there was one stalk that emerged shortly after the end of the main
season  bloom and came into bloom two to four later.

Jeff, I really appreciate your response.  I've had other 'oncers'  repeat but
was not smart enough to make notes, at the time.

Repeat bloom is a recognized form of rebloom.

I'm not schooled enough in genetics to answer as to stress factors vs
rebloom trait in the irises you noted.  Perhaps it only speaks to  possibilities.
I'm of the opinion that Mother Nature can't trick irises  into doing anything
they are not genetically capable of doing.

Anyone else???  Please and thank you!!!

Betty W. in  South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: