Re: HYB:REB:Repeat

Betty,
I have a diploid seedling (from Iris variegata
[Beardsley clone] X suaveolens var. mellita) that
tends to repeat in the way you mentioned. It has
bloomed for five years now. Three of those years, it
sent up several stalks a few weeks after the first
flush was done blooming. The first bloom on these
stalks occurred while full-size seedpods were already
maturing on the first flush stalks. I'll see if I can
get pictures posted to Iris Photos.
Iris City Gardens will probably have enough stock to
introduce it in 2006. It's registered as a species-X
called 'Clown Pants'.
I'm using this one right now with the diploid MTB's,
hoping to breed for reliable repeat and/or rebloom.
Now you've got me thinking of trying to get some
tetraploids (from unreduced ovules) from it using
pollen from the ones mentioned in some of the replies
to your post (for example: Romantic Evening).
Take care, Tom
http://my.yahoo.com