Re: newbie needs info

Sam,

Because you are a bit further north than most of us, I am wondering if it
might NOT be a tall bearded, because they tend to not do as well in the
colder climates. How tall is your variety when in bloom? It might also be
one of the beardless varieties, like a Siberian iris. You may want to check
the sites of the various sections in AIS, like the Siberian Iris Society,
and look at some of their photos. Identifying the name of your specific
variety may be more difficult. If you have a digital photo, you might post
it on the iris-photo page and get comments there.

Kitty Loberg

No. Calif.