Re: REF: zone maps

Thanks all for the zone maps, but those are usually too general for a
specific location/microclimate.

I'm trying to find out what zone the hybridizer's garden is in, which
sometimes isn't what the map shows.

I sign my posts zone 7/8 - jokingly.  Not sure what zone this place
should really be considered since the winter low has been down as far as
minus 25 F (zone 4), used to always go down below zero at least once
each winter, which would be zone 6, but hasn't been below 10oF for the
last three winters.  10oF puts me in high zone 7, approaching zone 8, &
I figure a few more years of global warming will probably put me solidly
in zone 8a.

I'm in the part of southeast Tennessee that is the warm bulge of pink
(on the Hosta website), similar to southwest TN, n GA, AL, & MS, very
different from most of KY & middle TN.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8