Re: AIS: membership

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Orr" <irisdude@msn.com>
Even though there is a lot of information online about irises now, I still
enjoy the benefits of the AIS organization (including IRIS-TALK, IRIS-PHOTOS)
and wouldn't want to give it up.

I am afraid that if people think that they don't need to renew or join the AIS
membership because of all the information they can receive elsewhere, that
maybe AIS will start to charge or discontinue the IRIS-TALK and IRIS-PHOTOS,
or make it for members only. I don't really know, but John would have a
better idea. Still and all, the email lists here do perpetuate the knowledge
of irises to the public, which is a goal of the Society.

IRIS-TALK and IRIS-PHOTOS are not or never have been part of AIS.

Mike Greenfield