Re: RE: TB: Cult

FRANCELLE EDWARDS <FJMJEDWARDS@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
Help! I just discovered leaf spot in a few of my irises.

What do I do. I sure don't want it to spread. What is the best fungal
deterrent I can give my irises.

Leaf spot is not a problem in Utah, either, except when there is an unusually wet spell. The last time this occurred (prior to the  "drought" we have had for the past five years) I used a number of products (the leaf spot fungus tends to quickly develop resistance to a specific fungicide if it is applied repeatedly). The one I still have on hand, and which seemed to be competely effective in controlling the leaf spot when it was running rampant, is MICRCOP FUNGICIDE marketed under the Lilly/Miller label by the Chas. H. Lilly Co. of Portland, OR. This product is a sprayable form of Copper Sulfate, the old standby inorganic fungicide. The leaf spot fungus did not seem to develop resistance to it as happens with the organic fungicides.

Jeff Walters
in northern Utah
(USDA Zone 4)