Introduction and hardiness zone

Hello all ,
I have joined this list before some time. Some I hope know me as
participant of other lists. For folk who don't know me I introduce
myself as iris grower for many years. My garden is not comercial
garden, but hobby, the angle of which is quite wide. Experimentation
in growing and introducing of irises is what I like most. Growing from
seeds to have adaptable to our climate plants, introducing and
investigation of foreign hybrids is my main goal. Also education of
our gardeners. All around the year photo camera is in my hands even in
winter time.
Our weather is very diverse. No one year is like past. Temperatures
below 0C can come in begin of November, but like this year only in
begin ofFebruary temperatures dropped down to -20C. the spring can
start early, but be cool and sometimes is late. Such is with summers.
Last summer until late autumn was almost with daily rains. Such a
weather is stipulated by collision of Atlantic and continental cyclons
and anticyclons which always have great influence. From many years of
climatic observatios there can be done conclusion that Lithuania is in
hardiness zone 5 and areas near Baltic sea 5b. But our summers are
much cooler than those in USA even in lower zones. Luck of summer
warmth limit growing and flowering of many good things raised in USA,
French, Australia or other countries.

Best regards,
Edmundas Kondratas
SSI, SIGNA, BIS member