HYB: zones

Need  zone
Bernard & Heather Pryor
E. S. Fankhauser
Sam Fankhauser lives in Melbourne. Melbourne is classified as zone 9 in the US system, but the US system does not really apply well to Australian situations. Melbourne is on the southern coast of Australia, and gets strong sea breezes at times, and does not get the frosts it would have had when I lived there 50 years ago, because of the smog blanket that ....er...."protects" it.
Sam is, I think, in his 90's now and looking frail. Many of his irises have been given away to devoted growers and hybridisers like myself.
I think Sydney (Pryors) would also be classed as zone 9, possible zone 10 in the US system, but growing conditions are quite different to Melb.

The following page gives the Australian zoning system:

Cheers, Jan Clark, Victoria, Australia, wavering between zone 8 & 9 :-) Where we are experiencing a highly unusual cool, wet Feb.