COMP: way off topic help - printer?

After complaining and choking and generally showing signs of poor health
for the last couple of years, my poor little printer let out a shriek
and shot some of its innards out onto the table this AM.

It's an inexpensive, aging HP Deskjet.

Is it worth trying to get these things repaired or am I better off
buying a replacement?

Thinking about a low end Brother or Samsung monochrome laser printer.

Reply offlist.
or not..
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8