Re: COMP: way off topic help - printer?

I would say buy a new one.

My experience with a Brother all-in-one color FAX, Scanner, Printer, Coffee Maker is that is runs through print cartridges like a maniac and I hardly use it (I have other printersI needed a cheap Fax/copier) Makes terrible coffee too, and the pages get all wet ...

Always check the cost of the cartridges and make sure they are individual colors not all in one. Pick a well known company like HP, Epson and the like. Search online for reviews. I don't know about Samsung. El-cheapos will cost you more in the long run. Pay a little extra get better quality and service (and probably lower per page costs). Most manufacturer sites will tell you haw many pages per cartridge (at some percent of page coverage)

John