Re:HYB:Don Kirby

I have checked back to 1959 and find no record of Don Kirby ever registering any iris with AIS. Are there just seedling numbers on the stakes or are there actual names on them? If there are readable names on any of them perhaps they would be a clue as to who the hybridizer was. Sorry I can't be of more help. If you live near Jeff Walters or the Kaspereks you might show them your iris when they bloom and they may be able to help you identify some of them. Good luck.

Patti in Central WA .

Cleft101@aol.com wrote:

Hi Everyone,
I just moved into a new place in northern Utah, and the previous owner was an iris breeder (?). I have found (under the snow) all kinds of stakes in the flower gardens with names of irises on them. What I am wondering is if these irises have been registered somewhere. The man's name was Don Kirby. He died a few months ago and has no family members that I can contact about the irises.
The labels on the flower stakes are almost worn away. I would love to be able to make new, more lasting labels for each one. If you can help me find a listing for his flowers I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your attention.....Carole