Re: OT-BIO: C.Lefler

On Feb 19, 2005, at 9:20 PM, Cleft101@aol.com wrote:

I have found (under the snow) all kinds of stakes in
the flower gardens with names of irises on them. What I am wondering is if
these irises have been registered somewhere.
Since no irises were registered by Don Kirby back as far as 1959, I would assume that the names (assuming they are actual names and not just seedling numbers) on the stakes in your new garden are probably irises registered by other hybridizers which Mr. Kirby used in his own iris breeding program. Either that, or they were irises he admired and grew for his own pleasure.

If you can make out any of the faded names on those stakes, we can probably come up with registered descriptions for you.

It sounds like you've acquired a wonderful garden!

Welcome to iris-talk, Carole!