RE: Cult: identification stakes

Venetian blinds are marelous stakes. I cut up old Aluminium blinds and drill a hole and anchor them with a 4" galvanized nail. I have started using two holes about 1/2" apart and fold the slat so nail goes through both holes. This gives extra stabiltity and they stay in the direction they are pointed. I get old Aluminium blinds from various places, garbage day, yard sales, Sally Anne etc and pay a rate of $4.00 max. A pair of tin snips works well in cutting them to size and trimming the edges. Good busy work while watching TV.
Paint markers work very wellto write with. Even permanant garden markers quickly fade and are useless. Dynamo tape will stick fairly well and good quality will last a few years. For the creative the names can be scratched in or stamped in relatively easily.

Chuck Chapman

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.