Re: TB: Pests: Discouraging Cats

I  agree with John about maiming a paw in a trap - I am a  cat lover,  but I
also know the discomfort of  finding  fertilizer in my garden that I didn't
put there!  My Pride and Joy is a live-in cat and very happy with it,  so my
suggstion is get a dog friendly with your cat, but protective of your garden
against  other cats, squirrels, rabbits, and other disturbing critters!  I used to
have one, and that works!  Of course it means  "exercising" the dog, i.e.,
taking him/it/her for "walks" etc (which  is one reason I didn't replace my dog
when she died) but they can also be a joy - and a problem if you travel, but
you can't have everything!  You might try to be in the yard and suprise-scare
the cats "in the act" with a loud noise or something -- a strong "NO" stops my
"Pretty Girl" from attacking the rug with her claws!  Good Luck, Rosalie nr
Baltimore, Md.USA  -a rainy, foggy,messy zone 7 today.  ryfigge@aol.com