Re: Re: CULT: Pests: discouraging cats

On Feb 21, 2005, at 4:51 PM, Linda Mann wrote:

I've thought about putting a big pile of kitty litter outside somewhere
to see if he might consider using it instead.

Has anybody tried that?
I purchased a truckload of pit run sand a few years ago, and the remnants of that pile is still a favorite litterbox for my cats while outside. Our local concrete plant gives away sandbox sand to anyone who wants it. A pile of that in a discreet corner of the yard might be enough to draw a cat's attention away from garden beds.

normal annual precipitation 26-27"