Re: Re: CULT: Pests: discouraging cats

Funny,  what I wouldn't give to have cats visiting the yard more (or
coyotes, foxes, bobcats, - anything that eats or discourages rabbits and
rodents, and for that matter deer).  We have two cats and a dog, but
they're all old, spoiled, and basically lazy.  Not interested in the
wildlife anymore.

We seem to have Cougar visiting regularly now, there's a semi-permanent
puddle down by the gate that seems to be it's watering hole (not normal to
have such a puddle on the property, but it just keeps raining, and the
puddle's been there for most of 6 months).  We haven't seen this cat yet,
but find new tracks almost every morning.  Doesn't seem to come right up by
the house though.  I wonder if a pile of kitty litter would work on one of
those?

Dave