OT:This and that (was CULT: Pests: discouraging cats)

In a message dated 2/22/2005 10:40:51 A.M. Central Standard Time,
DFerguson@cabq.gov writes:

I wonder  if a pile of kitty litter would work on one  of
those?

Maybe a pile of ground round with the scent of deer mixed in????   (What the
human mind won't come up with when the human is suffering Cabin  Fever!)

While I'm being off topic . . . might I interject that it would take a lot
of hunting to find anyone as southern, or more southern, than Mr. B!

Found a white hyacinth in bloom.  Buds on the 'store bought' daffodils
bought and planted the fall of 2003. Lots of naturalized daffs in bloom for  a week
now.

Got to quit basing my thoughts about the creek on the amount of water in my
driveway!   I had to back up the hill, turn around, and drive the long  way
this morning.  Was surprised to find the creek running right over the  low water
bridge!  It adds something like 8 miles round trip!

Found two seedling pots mauled by the neighborhood cat!  Good  evidence that
I should have found a way to spread the chicken wire over the  pots.  Would
put out some food to attract the neighborhood dogs, BUT then  I'd have to find a
way to keep neighborhood dogs from tromping down my garden as  they try to
lick my face all summer!

Betty W. in  South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: