Re: Re: HUMOR: Latin, if you can stand one more

In a message dated 2/22/2005 10:31:05 PM Central Standard Time,
loiscook@saber.net writes:

> I wasn't going to "join this string" but can't help adding a reference:
> Stearn, William T., Botanical Latin, Timber Press,  Published 1966

Why Lois, I can't imagine why not. We spend more time round here tryin' to
push a string than anything else. I tested the garden pronunciation with
pseudacorus. I saved it though it failed the latin pronunciation in the classical

Seems many iris people and now a girl in my computer are using colloquial
English pronunciations.

Foghorn Leghorn (for sure one of my English teachin' sister's favorite

PSin' in passin',
Foghorn Leghorn favors my sister or my redheaded Latin teacher of old more
than me. I myself  favor Paul Newman in his younger years. A failure to
communicate? My elocution surely is more like that more serious Pries feller that
claims to be out "amoen" his lawn. Clearly I avoid mirrors and that snowed up
Greenfield guy musta' had a Yankee woman 'uh chokin' him with the phone war that
was sposed to be goin' to his ear.

Belly laughin' between flappin', floppin', squakin', and rollin' in the
whether I'm "uh moen uh" weedin', or pushin' a strang.