Re: HIPS: Rhizome sale!

The reason we ask so early in the year is the submission
deadline for the spring issue of ROOTS is quite early
(as it is, we're getting a special deadline extension
for the rhizome sale this time around). Unfortunately
ROOTS only comes out twice a year, so the sale (and
available varieties) has to be advertised in the spring issue.

As far as late submissions go - if there are folks out
there who are willing to donate rhizomes, but can't
estimate what they'll have to give because their
iris are still covered in snow, :-)
go ahead and send me an email anyway.
If we end up with more orders than rhizomes this
summer, and you happen to have something we're in
need of, you might be able to help us fill more orders.

It's always a bit of a guessing game, even in mild
climates - sometimes the variety you thought you'd
have tons of blooms out, or the one you thought
wouldn't increase suddenly goes bananas in the spring...