Re: phonetic pronunciation

The Latin language as a true language of "Golden age" period was
restored in VIII age. Pronuncation of "C" was established as earlier K
(keiser) and maybe some other corrections. It is in use until now. To
disclaim opinion that modern English has claim to correctness of
pronunciation of Latin as confirm Mrs. Anner I recommend for all who
are interested in this question go to sites:
http://www.courses.fas.harvard.edu/~chaucer/vowels.html - THE GREAT
VOWEL SHIFT and than it will be obvious that pronunciation of vowels in
Mid English like those in Latin have changed to Modern English in
period XII-XVI ages continuing to XVIII age.
Next-if somebody are interested in correct pronunciation of Latin words
can use sites: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin,
As with pronunciation of word IRIS in all languages (except English)there is
pronounced as i-ris, like i in Latin not eye-ris. As it is name of Greek
goddess in the Greek language it is pronounced also as I-ris.
In the site which was given by Mrs. Anner according to iris I found
correct pronunciation  only one name-"sibirica" and as lover of
siberians I am quite satisfied with it.

Best regards,
 Edmundas                          mailto:konde@delfi.lt