Re: OT: New botanical Iris name

As I have mentioned before I am working on a spuria chceklist. I have a small problem for which I am looking for ideas or suggestions. Every plant including hybrids theoretically has a scientific name. But there is no published name for spuria hybrids. It is incorrect to call them Iris spuria since I. spuria is only one species that went in to making the modern hybrids and one could argue it was not the most important species. I am wondering if a new name were created how it would be received and what the possibilities are for the name. For example would everyone grimace if we used a name like Iris xspurica or Iris xspuriae or maybe Iris xspurexii  nothing seems to hit the spot, what do you all think?