From: "Walter Pickett" <waltseed2@yahoo.com>
To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 6:13 PM
Subject: RE: [iris] REF: Pronounce Species Correctly

> I am reminded of an essay by Dr. Isac Asomov. He was a famous science
fiction writer, science essayist, and co-wrote a biochemistry textbook for
medical students, which is still in use.
> In regard to chemical names, he said pronounce every letter.  Everyone
will know what you mean, though everyone will think you said it wrong.
> This was in his essay, You too can speak the original Gaelic.
> The name of the essay is from a time he was practicing saying chemical
names, and a beautiful redhead thaough he was speaking in the old Iris
language.  I wasn't there.  That story might have been some of his fiction.