Re: REF: Pronounce Species Correctly

When I was a tomato breeder, I took the Tomato Genetics Cooperative Newsletter.  I could read the articles in English, of course.  And I was Niger using French 6 days a week, so I could read articles in French.  With my one year of German, I could read the articles in German, though I couldn't speak German or read about anything except tomatoes in German.
But once I was reading a French article, and I thought "This French I worse than mine.  But I could read it so I continued.  At the end, it said the research was in Argentina.  So I went back over it, and saw that all teh errors were consistant.  El instead of le, dos instead of des, and suffixes were off, but off consistantly.  I had just read an article in good Spanish.
I have often told my children and my students.  "Latin is just bad French."  Sometimes I have said it is bad Spanish.  Depends on who I'm talking to.
From this thread, I've learned that sometimes the Latin used today can be just bad English, too.
jgcrump <jgcrump@erols.com> wrote:
Walter -- Bhm nmos ms an t-adh leis na liomsa; nml cailmn rza alainn
faighte agamsa fss. (He was luckier than I; it hasn't brought me a beautiful
redhead yet.)