Woke up to a white mulch this morning! Not much, but I hope it's all we get
for the winter!  It's supposed to be 34 degrees outside so it's not
surprising that the snow is very wet!  We've had enough rain that I've not  needed to
water the seed pots since the initial first few days.
Received the Bulletin in the mail yesterday.  (2-3-2006)  Hope  everyone is
able to meet Bruce's challenge on page 39!
In addition, anyone that has children or grandchildren, plant a few clumps
to sacrifice to the children.  Let them explore, touch and learn to love  the
iris.  Maybe we can breed our own new members!
Unfortunately, I've come to treat my iris garden more like a chemistry lab
than a garden!  Sigh! Because of my breeding program, I always caution  people
. . . don't touch, don't groom, don't walk on the bed, careful you don't
bump, etc., but I don't want to ruin the thrill of the garden for the  children.
Last spring, after all the regular instructions, my son and I took the two
girls into the garden for a tour.  My heart stood still as one, in the  thrill
of the moment, took off across the garden in a dead run!  But I  couldn't
yell, I couldn't say a thing!  She was running due to the  excitement of spotting
a gorgeous iris!  She just couldn't wait!
Yes, she broke an iris stalk!  And of all the hundreds of stalks in  the
garden it was "the one!"  <vbg>  But I want their experience  to be one of sheer
joy.  I want them to "get" grandma's addiction!
They will be 6, 3, and 9 months. I can hardly wait to share Gracie Joelle's
first iris season. Daddy call's her "Jo-Jo" but I call her a potential iris
addict!  <vbg> She has such beautiful expressive eyes, I can  hardly wait!
Ah, the beauty of spring . . . when you're an unrestrained iris addict!
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: