To: <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 4:15 AM
Subject: RE: [iris] AIS: Mike's Challenge

Mike,

Well said, and I could not agree more. We continually have iris left after
the sale and a few of our members want to 'keep' them and try to sell at
other places and events. They never get sold and if they are put out for
sale a month later, they are so dried up that no one wants to buy them
anyway. We require that any iris we bring to the sale, that do not sell be
returned, because we label ours clearly and do not want our name on them
after they are not fresh and healthy.
On the "give them to kids" comment, Dana and I do not believe this can be
done enough. I do not think we have ever 'sold out' at a sale and if we get
one child to be interested it would be worth it. When I am selling at a sale
I will give any child, that shows interest, a free iris of their choice,
regardless of cost, for this very reason.

Thanks,
Vernon

Vernon G. Brown
Malevil Kennels & Iris Gardens