Re: AIS:Bulletin

Good Job Betty!

  My husband's cousin has two children, 8 & 10 (I think).  Last year Mom said something offhand about wishing she had a few iris at her house, so I sent her a box with about twenty cvs.  I was only trying to not throw so very many onto the compost pile while I moved my beds, but from what I heard both the girls got very excited and picked out cvs....  So it's doable,  even by accidental side affects of irisitis.

  Christian
  ky

Autmirislvr@aol.com wrote:

Received the Bulletin in the mail yesterday. (2-3-2006) Hope everyone is
able to meet Bruce's challenge on page 39!

Last spring, after all the regular instructions, my son and I took the two
girls into the garden for a tour. My heart stood still as one, in the thrill
of the moment, took off across the garden in a dead run! But I couldn't
yell, I couldn't say a thing! She was running due to the excitement of spotting
a gorgeous iris! She just couldn't wait!

Yes, she broke an iris stalk! And of all the hundreds of stalks in the
garden it was "the one!" But I want their experience to be one of sheer
joy. I want them to "get" grandma's addiction!

They will be 6, 3, and 9 months. I can hardly wait to share Gracie Joelle's
first iris season. Daddy call's her "Jo-Jo" but I call her a potential iris
addict! She has such beautiful expressive eyes, I can hardly wait!

Ah, the beauty of spring . . . when you're an unrestrained iris addict!
If you don't cross them, you can't plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: