Re: My reaction to Mike's wonderful idea

Mike, you are so right in how a little spark can grow  later into a
conflagration of a sort!  I  remembered how my mother came home from her so-called
"garden club" one day, proudly holding a yellow iris, so carefully,  so proud of
having the whole plant --and it was YELLOW ----not the usual purple of those
days!  I would guess this  was before or  around  the  1920s.  At that time I
was NOT interested in gardening, didn't willingly weed!  Only the digging I
would do was to find a place I could tearfully bury my dead goldfish or white
mice.
Around 50 years later, a dear friend said she was going to order some irises
-- from Schreiner's, it happened.  The name meant nothing to me then, but  I
suddenly thought of my mother's yellow iris  (it took a long time for that
"spark" to react to a little kindling) ---  My husband had said he wanted to have
a garden or raise chickens! ! !  I had hastily agreed to a garden and  so
asked my friend to bring  over her catalog so I could order with her!
As you said - you never know how far the water's ripples will extend!
Rosalie nr Baltimore, Md.,USA  theoretically zone 7, but the wether, garden, and I
are confused this year! ryfigge@aol.com