Re: AIS: Mike's Challenge

In a message dated 2/5/2006 5:22:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
flatnflashy@yahoo.com writes:
    <I think sometimes we create too much pressure  around showing.>>

Could well be. I think that, in part, was what  Betty was intimating when she
said some members were driven off. Any  idiot knows one does not get anywhere
trying to bully or shame  people into enthusiastic participation in things
that don't ring their  chimes, but that does not stop some folks from trying.
<< Isn't it possible I could learn something just from  going?>>
No doubt. I think you certainly should check out as many judged  shows and
unjudged exhibitions as possible. It is the best experience in  the world for a
novice, next to visiting gardens, of course.
Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA