Iris Fairies - & Perils of designing/interpreting surveys!

Hi all,

Commenting on:
> Anner, I might agree with you had I not handed out a
> survey at a regional  meeting several years ago.  I
was surprised to learn that many people, when
> allowed to remain anonymous, replied that they would
> not grow irises if  they  didn't show them.  I was
impressed, and not just a little  surprised!

But all the people who grow iris and love them, and
never ever go to club meetings/shows/AIS stuff,
aren't AT the regional iris club meeting!  So your
survey of course starts out by being a pre-selected

I think the main reason to do shows is to get other
people interested in iris -- I usually show some
historics in our local club shows.

Giving away labeled rhizomes with a how-to sheet --
you can notice color of peoples' houses and give
them some to match! or the time era of a house, and
give them a couple historics of same period.
Most fun is to do this as an Iris Fairy -- you
leave them at their door**** (with info on how to
contact you, too, if they have questions).

(still working on ROOTS!)