HYB: CULT: seeds

Good afternoon, everyone.

I'm mostly a lurker but occasionally come out and ask a question. This comment of Mike Greenfield's caught my attention:

It is unlikely that you will get spring bloom on TB's not sure you might on SDBs. Then normally need a chill to bloom.
I have about half of my first ever iris seedlings from bee pods of Jadestone and Over Easy SDBs inside this winter. Each has at least 6 green leaves but just a single small rhizome.. They are in styrofoam cups and have been since sprouting last spring. The other half of the seedlings were planted outside in the garden last July to see if they would survive the winter. I had intended to plant the inside growing ones outside once the danger of frost is past this spring (the end of May here on the southern CDN prairies) but am now wondering if I should expose them to a cold period now and then put them outside once it starts to warm up again.

I am definitely not a hybridizer, I just wanted to see if I could get them to germinate and if so, if I could get them to grow and bloom. So far so good!

One more question on seeds, too, while I'm here. There are 4 seeds that did not germinate last spring but they are all still firm and plump. I have been rotating them in and out of the fridge but still nothing has happened. Is there hope for them or should I throw them out and start fresh with new seed?

Any advice or comments gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

BJ in SW MB, Canadian Prairies, Zone 3ish