AIS shows and showing

A"lurker" flushed out by Christian's great comment:
"a show stalk is one that makes it to a show"  I am still
smiling--actually LOL!  All shows are a "crap-shoot" basically.  Of course
good culture counts and buying the
"right irirs (s)--the ones judges know and like--but with
everything else being equal in the end it depends on the
weather, whether your car can carry 30 stalks without
wiping off their little heads or the dog doesn't jump in at the
last second etc, etc. I show , but mostly grow what I LIKE
which are mostly Monty Byer's space agers so not too
many ribbons there but they are always pretty.
A sunny day after much rain,  Zone 9