SHOW: AIS shows and showing

In a message dated 2/6/2006 4:11:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
loiscook@saber.net writes:

A"lurker" flushed out by Christian's great comment:
"a show stalk is  one that makes it to a show"  I am still
smiling--actually LOL!   All shows are a "crap-shoot" basically.

Well, it seems to me that because the goal of an AIS show is to  present
excellence to the public, not just boggle them blind, there  may be some small
argument to be made for not  hauling patently mediocre specimens into the
exhibition hall.
Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA