Re: Iris Fairies - & Perils of designing/interpreting surveys!

In a message dated 2/6/2006 11:02:47 A.M. Central Standard Time,
kathges@yahoo.com writes:

<<I think the main reason to do shows is to get other
people  interested in iris >>
That works for me.

As to the survey being given to a pre-selected sample of people?   Aren't all
surveys given to a pre-selected sampling of people?  This would  have also
been true if I'd gone to a random neighborhood and knocked on  doors.  But I'd
have invested a great deal more time and energy with very  little results!

Where else would I have access to 100 or so people guaranteed to grow
irises?  LOL!   Of course, it was given to mainly AIS members  since they are the
only people that go to regional meetings.  And we were  originally talking about
how to gain more members!

Never said it was given to regular, run of the mill, gardeners!  Some  of
these people go to shows to see what's available, but wouldn't be caught dead
entering the shows!  Still others only want to look at the irises in their
garden.

How many people buy from the iris catalogs and never go to a  show?? Lots I
think. Many more than the number that join AIS.

Again, it takes all kinds of iris lovers to make a world.  Some like  to show
and some just like to grow!

The last thing I would ever do is tell someone how to enjoy their  irises!

Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: