New Trillium species discovered

Re: SPEC: Iris pumila

ChatOWhitehall@aol.com writes:

> I thought I understood correctly that it had been imported as seed  from
> eastern Europe by the very young Robert Schreiner in the late 1920s.

Hi Anner,

I have been telling people that it was in the early 1930s that Bob Schreiner
got the seeds, but it may have been the late 1920s.  In any event, that is
more than 50 years.  It has been 55 years since Walter Welch published his first
descriptive  list of dwarf iris species and cultivars.

Dorothy Willott