RE: Iris Fairies - & Perils of designing/interpreting surveys!

  • Subject: RE: [iris] Iris Fairies - & Perils of designing/interpreting surveys!
  • From: "Dana Brown" danabrown@peoplepc.com
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 07:15:02 -0600

I agree!!  The point you seemed to be sharing was that while conducting a
survey of people attending an iris show you discovered that some people
would not grow iris if they couldn't show them.  A point you found
surprising and wanted to share with us based on the thread at the time.  I
have also met such people and on the other hand I have met people who would
rather burn their iris to the ground than show them.

We have discovered that somes enjoy an opportunity to compete in an event
that does not require them to be athletic, or graceful, or talented in some
special way.  The fact that ANY one can grow a good variety well enough to
enter it in a show and compete on a level playing field seems to appeal to
some kids.  Not all kids are going to feel this way, of course, nor do we
want them to, but some do.

Thanks,

Dana

Dana D. Brown